Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I had the most random and morbid dream last night. Adam got a new job and our family was moving to California. Adam left ahead of me and the kids so he could get the house ready. That left me with no car and I remember thinking "how are the kids and I supposed to get there??" Well I must have found a magical transporter because suddenly we were all there. So the kids and I start looking around the house and checking out the rooms. Brianna opens the garage door and screams bloody murder. I go running over to her and Adam casually says "Oh yeah,there are 2 dead bodies in there." WTH??? (Oh is that all? Gosh Brianna,don't be a wimp) I call 911 and the cops come over. They are casual about it too and say,"These guys were roommates,one killed the other and then committed suicide. We will leave the bodies in there and then when there is an earthquake,your garage won't fall down." (Again,WTH??...but at least our garage is safe,pshew!) There were about 20 cement stairs down to the garage and some of them were missing. Instead of yelling at Adam for picking this nightmare house,I was trying to figure out how to make it work and what could be done about the stairs. I don't know what I ate last night but it did NOT like me.
I'm scared to go to sleep tonight..
EDITED TO ADD: We finally have a garage door opener! YAY!
Yes,I'm lame-o to be excited about that but I don't care! :P
Posted by Stacey at 1:56 PM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Josh hung up this sign in the kitchen the other day. Apparently he didn't want anyone to slip and sue us. He even drew a picture of the guy slipping...just to make it more realistic.
This is what happens when you kick a door frame..I don't recommend it. It's like stubbing your toe times a bajillion. I've been hobbling around since Monday night. Pain,I'z in it.
How cute is this handsome guy?! Brady got a haircut today and it went really well...no fit this time. IMO that is always a good thing.
Posted by Stacey at 3:07 PM
Monday, February 16, 2009
~~~First of all, I want to say happy birthday to my nephew Brendan who is 7 years old today!~~~
1. Was your first pregnancy planned? Nope
2. Were you married at the time? Yes
3. What were your reactions? Excited and anxious
4. Was abortion an option for you? NO!
5. How old were you? 23
6. How did you find out you were pregnant? A home pregnancy test.
7. Who did you tell first? Adam.
8. Did you want to find out the sex? For sure!
9. Due date? January 14th.
10. Did you have morning sickness? Unfortunately I had 24 hour sickness..but it eased up after the 4th month.
11. What did you crave? Chili cheese fries.
12. Who/what irritated you the most? Everything! ;) I hated being nauseated all of the time!
13. What was your first child’s sex? Boy.
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were getting? No,I was happy the baby was healthy.
15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 27
16. Did you have a baby shower? Yes,3 of them.
17. Was it a surprise or did you know? I knew,even though one was supposed to be a surprise.
18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Not until I was in labor,then I had an emergency c-section when my placenta started tearing away from my uterine wall.
19. Where did you give birth? American Fork hospital
20. How many hours were you in labor? 9 hours
21. Who drove you to the hospital? Adam
22. Who watched you give birth? (Other than the nurses/doctors) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.. ;) Well ok,just Adam.
23. Was it natural or c-section? What kind of question is that? All childbirth is natural,unless the baby comes out of your nose or something. :P If you want to get technical, it was an emergency C-section.
24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yeah! Why be in pain if you don't have to be?
25. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs,9 oz.
26. When was your child actually born? January 8th at 4:00 pm.
27. What did you name him/her? Joshua Adam
28. How old is your first born today? He turned 7 years old last month!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
1. Put your music listening device on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write that song name down no matter how silly it makes you look.
4. Title this post what the answer to your last question is.
5. Good luck and have fun!
IF SOMEONE SAYS 'IS THIS OKAY' YOU SAY?
"Ever,Ever After" by Carrie Underwood
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF
"Do You Believe Me Now" by Jimmy Wayne
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"The Best of Both Worlds" by Hannah Montana
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"After All" by Peter Cetera and Cher
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
"So Close" by Jon McLaughlin
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Don't Make Me" by Blake Shelton (I am pretty abusive..they do what I tells them to do.)
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"Ladies' Choice" by Zac Efron (Uhh,I hope they don't think that..being that I'm hetero and married.)
WHAT DO YOU OFTEN THINK ABOUT?
"Hearts Open Slowly" by Amanda Wilkinson
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"We Rock" from the movie,Camp Rock
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"That's Another Song" by Bryan White
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"SOS" by Rihanna
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Good Morning Baltimore" by Nikki Blonsky (Baltimore is the most romantic city in the world,ya know.)
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"Show Me Heaven" by Jessica Andrews (Sounds perfect to me..I can't wait for my wedding and ya'll are invited!) ;)
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Think of Me" by David Archuleta (Very appropriate,eh?)
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
"Shattered"(Turn the Car Around) by O.A.R. (Whoa..my biggest fear is being shattered! Eerie!!)
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Because of You" by Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME THIS POST?
"Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne
Posted by Stacey at 8:16 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
~~After a trip to the InstaCare last night,Brianna is officially on antibiotics too. The poor girl was crying about her ear yesterday afternoon so I took her to the doctor while my sweet mom kept the boys. Now we have 3 bottles of bubble gum flavored medicine in our fridge,but only 2 kids who will take it without a struggle. (can you guess who the fighter is?) All of us have had the sickies except for Josh (knock wood) and I have allergies on top of it. (dang dog hair!)
~~I had a meeting with Josh's teacher yesterday and everything went really well. She said Josh is the best reader in his group and he does really well as long as she is motivating him. So he is a lot like his dad..Adam was the same way in school. I've been doing flash cards with him and now he will be doing take home books again so that should help. There is a Valentines party at school tomorrow and he is so excited. He loves holidays!
~~I have spent too much money at Big Lots lately! They have so many cute things there!! There is a lot of black wall decor which I want for my bedroom. I bought 4 pillows for my couch,2 votives and a clock for the living room. Then I bought a curtain rod and 2 votives for my bedroom and a new booster seat for Josh,plus some odds and ends. The rugs in the kids' rooms were purchased there too. The boys have Disney's "Cars" for their room (their rug is Mater) and Brianna's is purple,pink and girly. (and no Camden will not have a complex from sharing that room with her for awhile) :P I also bought some vinyl from Robert's to decorate the walls. Now I need to finish un-packing so I can start hanging decor on the wall. I have color schemes for all of the rooms and I've been looking at home magazines for inexpensive ideas.
~~I now have 2 pieces of Valentine decor! I have a table runner that Adam's aunt Eileen made for us and a "Love" sign that I bought at Robert's Craft (for 40% off..yay for savings!) I do have cardstock hearts but they are packed away somewhere..so for now you will have to be satisfied with what I got,aight?
Isn't it purty?
And who knows,maybe I will find my St. Patrick's Day stuff before March...unless the kids get sick again.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Good news - Brayden is feeling a lot better and so am I. I had really bad sinus headaches on Saturday and Sunday.
Bad news - Camden is still wheezing a lot and I think Brianna might be catching the sickies now.
Good news - The kids are all sleeping really well.
Bad news - Josh doesn't like going to school at all. I have to practically drag him there in the morning. He is behind on his reading and he had a tutor at his last school,which seemed to help. I've tried calling his teacher so I can talk to her and she has yet to return my calls. It's very frustrating!
Good news - We finally got the gate installed at the top of the stairs. That was a huge pain!
Bad news - Because I've been sick,I haven't been able to un-pack anything. We still have boxes all over.
Posted by Stacey at 9:51 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Posted by Stacey at 10:05 AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Posted by Stacey at 3:05 PM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I can't believe I haven't made a new post for a week! You would think it's because I've been un-packing but I won't lie..it's not because of that. I'm exhausted lately because Camden is having a hard time sleeping. I'm lucky if he sleeps for 2 hours straight...seriously. I put him back to bed this morning and he was awake 20 minutes later! So frustrating! I let him cry for awhile and he just screams his head off. I've been falling asleep at 8:30 lately and I'm so tired still. *YAWN*
I had to take Brady to the doctor yesterday and he has parainfluenza 2 which is the virus that starts as a cold and turns into croup. So Brady got a steroid shot yesterday and antibiotics because he has a double ear infection as well. To top it off Camden has been coughing since last night so I think he may have it now. *sigh* Anyway I'll try to post again later since Camden is awake again.
Posted by Stacey at 9:04 AM