Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm feeling conflicted..

Here's the scoop...I filled out applications for Josh and Brianna to attend a charter school nearby. I have a niece and nephew who go to school there and my SIL encouraged me to apply. I received a phone call today from a woman at the school telling me that Brianna was accepted,however there are no spots available for Josh. The woman said he would be put into a "sibling pool",which is not a guarantee but gives him a good chance of getting a spot. Now I don't know what to do. First of all,Josh and Brianna going to 2 different schools is not an option for us. Josh has a hard enough time with school and I don't want him to feel bad that he didn't get in and Brianna did. He so wants to go to that school with his cousin because they are in the same grade.

Here are the options...

#1. Take the spot for Brianna and get her registered,then wait until the end of summer. If Josh doesn't get in,then take her out and register her at the school Josh attends now.

#2. Just say no right now and let someone else have it,then apply during the next school year.

Right now I'm thinking Option #1. Whatever I decide,I have to let them know by noon tomorrow. Any input is appreciated,so leave me some comments! TIA!

(Jeez,I sound really bossy! I'm practically ordering you all to leave me comments) :P

10 people love me:

Sunbum said...

I don't know....I think #1 is the better choice.

Sunbum said...

#2 is good also. Sorry, I'm terrible at choosing.

Lauren said...

Hmm...I would probably go with option 2, but I don't have kids. So I am not a good judge :(

Tilly's Bowtique said...

The charter school here when one child gets in their syblings automatically get accepted the following year also. Bummer they don't do that! I'd wait until the end of the summer to see if Josh can get in too. It would be so nice for him to be in school with the cuz!

♫ Spasm ♫ said...

go with #1, cuz if he gets in, then it's all good, if not, and you go w/ #2, you have to post this again next year :)

nora.lakehurst said...

I would go with Number 1. And I know its hard but the best right now would be for Charter. Since with the economy they are making class sizes bbigger.

Klin said...

Go with option one. It leaves you with the best way and an acceptable alternative should it not work out.

you won't have to tell the public school anything until you know for sure either way. Being a sibling group moves them up on the list here. Hope that is the same for you.

Steve and Chelle said...

option 1, cuz then even if Josh doesn't get in, you can always go with option 2 at that time! (and I agree with you- don't have them go to seperate schools.)

and don't feel bad- I order people to comment on my blog all the time!

:)

Aaron and Ailinh Harris said...

I think option 1 is the best out of the two. Ya just never know if all a sudden theres an extra spot opened.

Ann Marie said...

I'm going to get stoned..but I don't love Charter schools.
Let us know what you decide!!