Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Sunday

I had a wonderful meeting with the bishop on Sunday morning. I figured I was being called in to talk about a calling so I was ready for that. What I wasn't ready for was when he asked how I was doing because he hadn't seen me around much. That opened the floodgates and the tears started. It was overwhelming for a few minutes and he patiently waited for me to talk to him. I told him of some struggles that I have been having and he just listened as I poured my heart out to him. He offered some guidance and suggestions that made me feel much better.

Then he mentioned the calling that they wanted to offer me. He asked if I would like to be an assistant to the Visiting Teaching supervisor. I was feeling overwhelmed at the time so I asked for some time to think about it. I have decided to accept it because I feel it will help me get to know more women in the ward. After teaching Primary for the last few years, I'm ready to do something in Relief Society now.

I left the meeting feeling completely renewed and hopeful.

I also received a few phone calls on Sunday that showed that people cared about me and that the Lord is mindful of me. It was a very spiritual day and I haven't had one of those in a long time.

10 people love me:

Carrot Jello said...

Sometimes in life, we are just dragged along for the ride. Others choices affect us, and we have to deal with it.
I know how you feel, I've been where you are.
Things will work out. Just hang on.
Even if it's just by your fingernails. ;)

nora.lakehurst said...

Aw love ya. I am so sorry about crying but it does feel so GREAT! and it does help alot to know people are mindful of you besides your nosey sister in law.

Randi said...

I'm so glad your bishop was inspired to talk with you for a bit. Doesn't it just boost your belief in all things good when something like that happens?

Nancy Face said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful and uplifting meeting with your bishop. I'm sorry things have been hard for you.

Lilac A. Rugg said...

Bishops have that effect, don't they?

"How are you, Sister ______?"
*bawling*

I'm glad you decided to accept the calling. It will help you - if only to get your mind on other things for a while.

I know it's tough. Hang in there, though. We got your back. :)

Anonymous said...

>hugggggssss<
Glad you got some help when you needed it :)

Unknown said...

sorry -- that anonymous was me. Dont know why I went "anonymous"

Tori said...

I bet he saw your Facebook quiz about how Mormon are you... ;)

Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

Stacey said...

I bet you're right Tori! After all,I was only 50% Mormon. :P

Dave said...

Glad you got out of Primary. That's such a sweet calling to have, but interaction with people over 18 is pretty important :-)


captcha - psedsh (is kung fu panda writing these?)