Saturday, July 25, 2009

Temple Open House and Birthday wishes

Today is my nephew's b-day. He is a funny little dude. Happy birthday Trubie!!


A few weeks ago my SIL,Jenn invited my hubby,the kids and I to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain temple. Adam ended up having to work that night,so Jenn and my other SIL Jan rode up with us in our van. We went to dinner first and then we drove over to the temple. The kids loved seeing the temple and they were so well behaved! Once we got closer to the end of the tour,they got a little more restless because they were thinking about the cookie they were going to get. :) After we got cookies and water,we took the kids to the front of the temple to see the fountain. Brady almost fell in a few times,but he caught himself. It was so neat to see the temple with it's elegant designs and beautiful fixtures. We all had a great time. Here are some of the pictures Jenn sent me.











Brianna with Aunt Jan

Josh with Aunt Jenn

7 people love me:

nora.lakehurst said...

Thanks for Sharing Stace. See you tomorrow!

Klin said...

Was it windy? It was so windy when we went that the tent felt like it was going to blow over.

It is very beautiful. I love going and walking through and talking to children (any who will listen) about how wonderful it is to be able to go inside.

ailinh said...

cute cute pics! Trubie is such a doll.

ems said...

Such a beautiful temple. I'm glad you guys got to go, but sorry that Adam missed it. Daniel missed going with us because of work as well. Oh well, at least we have work! :)

I love your "Deep Thoughts" post. So funny! The Taco one is my favorite!

Corilee said...

I'm so glad you got to take your kids to the temple. You never know what memories little kids keep until they grow up but this would sure be a great contender for first

btw, I didn't "get" the "recovery never tasted so good" play on words until I just saw it at the end of this post. Yeah, what recovery! LOL

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I have never been to a Temple Open House, but I hope to some day! I am so glad your kids got to experience it!

Cora said...

YOU KNOW, THIS IS *MY* TEMPLE STACEY...? I <3 this temple... it's where I made my covenants... It will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm glad you had fun...

...and yes, I *am* blogstalking you... :-)