Today is my BFF/SIL Karla's birthday. She is the big 2-9. ;) Karla is married to my hubby's younger brother,Seth. We met when she came with some of the family to Salt Lake City to watch a performance of "Forever Plaid". While we didn't get to talk to each other much,I had a positive feeling that she was the one for Seth. A few days later,Seth and Karla invited Adam and I on a double date with them. We all had so much fun that night. It was like Karla and I were separated at birth. We had a lot in common and the same sense of humor. We laughed so much that night,my stomach hurt. Now that's a good time! Here is a list of some of the things I love about Karla..
1. She is funny! We have had so many good times together where we can't stop laughing. After we saw a movie one night,we were in the parking lot talking and laughing hysterically for an hour. It was one of those nights where you almost need to be wearing Depends.
2. She is generous and kind. When we lived by each other,she invited my family over for dinner multiple times. She watched my kids for me and went shopping with me at night so I wasn't alone. Also she is an awesome photographer and she gives people (including me) discounts all of the time.
3. She is very in tune with the spirit. When I was having health problems after Brady was born,she came over because she felt she I needed her. I'm very grateful she did because otherwise I wouldn't have asked for help,I would have shrugged it off.
4. She is always thinking of others. When my maternal grandma passed away,I was in California. It was difficult because I wanted to be there for my mom,to support her. Karla brought flowers and a card to my mom to express her sympathy. My mom still talks about how much that cheered her up. It makes me happy that I have a friend who cares so much about my family.
5. She is a second mother to my kids. She loves them almost as much as she loves her own kids and has taken care of them countless times. When I was pregnant and had horrible morning sickness,she would change my kids' stinky diapers. Now that is friendship! ;)
She is my BFF and long lost sister. Happy birthday Karla! Love you!!
1 year ago