Monday, July 20, 2009

Last weekend


~Josh had a blast at his sleepover with his aunts! They ate pizza and watched the movie Tron and they decorated visors. Don't call it a hat like I did or you will get the death look. ;)


~On Saturday,the kids came inside and told me that there was a "huge" hornet's nest in the backyard. I figured it was maybe the size of quarter and I took my time going out to the backyard. Well this was no "quarter",it was the size of a football! It's like it just appeared out of nowhere! How un-observant am I? I called a guy from Monster Pest Control and now it's bye-bye nest!

~We are house hunting again. I have a love/hate relationship with house hunting...I love seeing the different places,but I hate the hassle and stress. Unfortunately all of the homes in our price range are too far away so we decided to look at condos and town homes. We looked at a few places and one of them looks promising. It's a town home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths upstairs and a half bath on the main floor. It has an unfinished basement and a small garage. It's only 3 years old so it's in great condition and all of the appliances are included,even the washer and dryer. It's a great deal so hopefully it will work out.

~I am probably cursing myself for saying this,but Camden is such a great sleeper! He goes to bed at 8:00 and doesn't wake up until 7:30,then he has one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. The other day he slept from 10:00am until 1:30! I've been feeling a little sluggish though,I don't think my body knows what to do with un-interrupted sleep!

~I cleaned the house for 3 hours on Saturday night. I swept and mopped the floors,cleaned the kitchen,loaded the dishwasher and vacuumed the carpets. Today,you can't even tell. The carpet looks the same as it did on Saturday night,covered with cocoa krispies. *sigh* It's a vicious cycle.

8 people love me:

Klin said...

Why are you house hunting? Where do you want to move to?

Oh and from past experience those paper wasps (that what kind of nest it looks like to me) nests can get big in a short amount of time.

Ann Marie said...

Yikes! that is a huge hive!!

I know how that vicious cycle is!
It's like your work is NEVER done!

Glad your little one is sleeping! You'll get used to it sooner than you think.. :)

Stacey said...

Klin - We have been renting for 3 years and we are just ready to own our own place. We are looking in the same area that we live in now,the town home we are looking at is a few minutes away from where we live now.

Unknown said...

We have a little bird house thingy hanging in a tree out back which has become a bee hive. It's a decorated gourd and halfway filled with bees >shudder< I keep forgetting to spray it with death spray.

Love the Visor-Not-To-Be-Confused-With-a-Hat.

Hope Camden keeps sleeping for you. Lucky :P

Steve and Chelle said...

Oh the vicious cycle - it drives peeps into insanity! (at least, it drives me into insanity! Thats why my house is always messy. If I just don't ever get it *all the way clean*, I don't stress about it being messy! . . . . . wait a minute, thats not a good thing?? BLAST!)

and YAY for not renting!! Someday, we are not going to rent as well. Someday. I have faith that it WILL happen! :)

oh, sorry I was done, but my word verification is 'altspit'! HAA! ok maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought . . .

ems said...

When daniel showed me the picture of the hornets nest on his email I about freaked. Then when he started looking up hornets I totally freaked. They are not nice. Glad it's getting taken care of.

Good luck with the cleaning and house hunting! so much fun!

Cora said...

WOW that is a HUGE nest. I cant believe how big that is. And yes kids are funny how they can mess up a perfectly clean room in just a few min.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, nooo...I was just about to say that's one of the coolest HATS I've ever seen! ;)

That town home sounds great! I hope you get it! :)

I hope Camden keeps up the great sleep routine!