Monday, April 6, 2009

My thoughts on Conference

I sobbed when President Monson told the story of the woman who lost her husband and all of her children. All of those children were the same age as all of mine,so it hit a nerve.

So those are my thoughts.

What,you thought I would have more?

Well I probably would have but hard as I tried, there was no spirit at my house yesterday.

As soon as conference came on,I made my kids get off the computer which made them freak out. Then when they came out in the family room,all I heard was whining and complaining. "I hate conference!" "It's so boring and stupid!" "I want to play the computer!"

Unfortunately because of all the complaining,I lost my temper. It didn't help that I didn't get much sleep the night before. Or that my hubby was doing the "do as I say,not as I do" and sitting at the computer during some of conference. Then I have to hear, "how come daddy gets to play on the computer?" Needless to say,I didn't feel very spiritual.

Yesterday was just a hard day.

6 people love me:

Millie said...

You weren't the only one! That was my day on Saturday. I finally got them with, "What would you guys do if I died? GO INACTIVE??"

That story was horrible. I can't believe one mother could go through so much grief and still be walking around. I have absolutely nothing to complain about, ever again...

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry it was so hard for you! I felt guilty writing my post that I got to be up there feeling the spirit when you had such a hard time. You'll have to make sure to come with me next time when Camden is a little older so you can have at least one session without kids. :)

Jen said...

I hear your pain and feel it too. Hopefully it gets easier when our kids are older, and what a great blessing it is that we can read the talks later, when we have alone quiet time... like when they are napping ;) lol.

Unknown said...

It is a whole different thing doing conference with kids. I started preparing a week in advance looking at pictures and talking about who we were going to hear from, etc. Then the night before I read the girls a story from 'The Friend' about conference and having a "reverence tent" to listen from like the people had to sit in to listen to King Benjamin, then for scripture reading that night I read them from Mosiah 2 (King Benjamin). Then I walked through what I wanted to get out of conference and what they could do during conference. It was a LONG preparation, but it seemed to help. I had little papers for them to take "notes" on and all that. And yes, they set up a reverence tent to listen from. On Saturday they did AWESOME... by Sunday they were done, lol. It didn't help that Michael and I were both sick and both fell asleep during the last session. Sabrina squirted out most of a tube of toothpaste in their bathroom and made a general disaster of everyting. Ugh!!!

Tori :) said...

Sounds like my cconference experience. I, too, cried during his story and said "Jump in the hole with her..." when he told about burying the final baby. I just don't think I'm that strong.:(

Nancy Face said...

I was sobbing through that talk, too.